I once interviewed my grandfather for a depression project. He would have to leave school early each spring for planting, work all summer, and then start late in the fall due to harvesting. Got consistently behind (I guess back then kids just picked up where they left off) and when he enlisted at 18, he effectively had an 8th grade education. College was out of reach for everyday kids back then. They made it through because they saved everything.

Now a college degree is easier to obtain than ever before which has effectively reduced demand for college degrees due to an exploded supply. So those millennials that get degrees or trade certifications in high demand sectors such as welding, HVAC, plumbing, engineering, medical field occupations to care for an aging populace are doing fine. They look around them and wonder what the big fuss is all about. Heck, many of them bought and resold real estate when rates were really low and own at least one residence currently.

Now those that got a degree in underwater lesbian literature theory, well they’re fixing coffees, wondering how they’ll pay off 100k of loans and whining that everyone in Europe has it so easy.

Last edited by philgood80; 03/19/23.

Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other. - Ronald Reagan

For why should my freedom be judged by another man's conscience? - 1 Corinthians 10:29