Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by logger
Originally Posted by JoeBob
And it’s easy for boomers to make fun of them but the kids weren’t in charge of the things that made college ruinously expensive or their world trashy ass jungle full of illegals and other foreigners.

If the point is that the country has gone to schit and boomers were the one in charge when it did, it’s pretty hard to deny.

I don't think it is age (generations) but ideology. After all, Biden is not a boomer and he doesn't seem to be helping much. Of the Boomer presidents, we've had 16 years of Democrats and 12 years of Republicans.

I’m think generations are pretty difficult to separate from their dominant ideology. And the fact is, that regardless of the expressed ideology, we have 30 years of out of control government spending, interventionist and bellicose foreign policy, and ruinous immigration policies. There isn’t a vaginal hair’s worth of difference between boomer politicians regardless of the party or expressed ideology on those issues.

Well, Biden is not a boomer politician. It is interesting that Bush, Trump and Clinton were all born in 1946, the first year of the Boomer generation. Biden was only born 4 years before. I assume they would be very different than those in the Boomer cohort born in 1964.

What do you think the dominant ideology will be of the Gen x and Millennial politicians and do you think it will make any difference as to party?