I can't say that I've ever done anything akin to an empirical test, and I buy very little domestic pork. Consequently my reply is entirely subjective.

Hogs are omnivorous, consequently they will eat just about anything. However with wild pork I know that there are no added hormones, steroids or other additives. In addition, I can be selective in the ones I choose.

I've hunted hogs in the hill country since 1999. At a generation per year that would be at least 23 generations removed from domesticity.

Their meat is red and leaner than domestic pork.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I do not make pork jerky, but do know folks that do so out of wild pork.

I will take a hind roast and make either strawberry or cilantro-lime pulled pork in the crockpot! Put it on a Hawaiian roll with cole slaw.... Yowsir.

Mix it with sheep, auodad, javelina, venison, bear or just pork for sausage.

Ground pork with hamburger meat makes a great hamburger patty.

or meatballs

or sausage

Marinated pork fingers rolled in corn chips and deep fried.

Loin marinated overnight in zesty Italian dressing, teriyaki sauce, pepper, garlic powder, then split longwize and stuffed with either cream cheese or onions and jalepeno's then wrapped in bacon and put on the grill till just about medium done.

Or if you are in camp...

Rip out the tenders when you sprinkle with garlic powder, worchestershire sauce, pepper, throw it on the grill

or throw it in the pit, and smoke appropriately

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 05/17/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.