Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
I’ve seen that more times than I have pissed in the toilet. When it comes down to money people don’t care. It’s getting to the point where unless you own land or draw a public hunt, people can’t afford to do it anymore….
That's what I like about it here. There is no "drawing a public hunt". You buy a license and hunt wherever and whenever you want on public land.

That's the one thing I miss about New York. I had access to thousands of acres of public land to hunt on, much of it within fifteen minutes of home. Several hundred acres of public land I could walk to from my house. Additionally, my brother and I had 220 acres at the farm and an annual lease on the neighboring 400 for $500/year. We had a lease on another 220 acres for the cost of an annual liability insurance policy which, at that time, was about less than $300. When the out of state landowner moved to it and built a house, we were still encouraged to hunt there all we wanted. I had other places there with permission to hunt, but often just didn't get around to them in the course of a year.

Mathew 22: 37-39