Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by Sabretooth
I’ve seen that more times than I have pissed in the toilet. When it comes down to money people don’t care. It’s getting to the point where unless you own land or draw a public hunt, people can’t afford to do it anymore….

Yep. Landowners don’t care about the hunters
Why would they?

Honest question. Not trying to be a smart ass.

If a guy is trying to set himself up for his older years and doesn't want the headaches that could go with owning ground I can see why they want out. Especially if nobody in the family has interest in it.

Some of these landowners may have health issues and this is one way to lighten the load. Get in bad enough shape they need full time med care and the govt will see that land as an asset and take it or deny care because they have too much $$ so to speak.

I never counted on having permission for more than each season on any piece we had permission to hunt.

Even my dad's place could go up for sale at any second if he so desires. He had an offer about 2 months ago for 3x more than he paid 13 years ago. He isn't selling but that could change in the blink of an eye. His choice.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!