Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I’ve never understood the lease to hunt mentality. I’m not disparaging it because I’ve never had to abide by it but I couldn’t do it. Hell, with the amount of the millions of acres I had to roam that was open to hunting, fishing and everything else I could NEVER stand being contained to a 1000 acres…I’d give up hunting or I’d move.

Because of the dipshit liberal department of Fish and Game in this state and the cuts they continue to force on us I have NOT bought a license here for several years.

Hunting and fishing is WHO & WHAT I am and I NEED it for my soul and my health. I can only be satisfied with millions of acres….1000 acres is my buddy’s hay farm in E Washington. We “harvest” elk under depredation permits but it is NOT hunting, it’s harvesting elk that come to tear into the hay.

Hunting, at least in the way I’m accustomed to, entails more skill and luck than shooting elk over a hay stack. I’m not complaining about the opportunity to put fresh meat in the freezer but I know that I have NOT hunted them when I shoot one that came to the haystack.

I’m 100% behind any of the legal ways to hunt and I know how geographical differences create different conditions and ways to hunt but if you are used to having vast wilderness to roam all your life being reduced to a briar patch is a serious downgrade and not something I could get used to.

Alaska or bust…

Very little public land here, mostly private ownership.