Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by bbassi
Originally Posted by 1minute
Geeeze! That's enough to pay for a run to one of the states having more than 50% of its acreage as public holdings.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

One of the reasons I stayed in Oregon as opposed to going back east where all of our family lives.

The difference is he doesn't have to put into a draw and hope and pray he gets to hunt each year. Everything there is over the Wally World counter, guaranteed tags.
Tell me, just how many eastern states have OTC elk tags? You can still get them in many western states although they won't be plentiful.
The difference is water. The states that have all that public land have it because it was never homesteaded. That's because there isn't enough water. Most of the areas suitable for farming are private. The lack of water is what makes wildlife feed short compared to the east. The land can't support all those millions of whitetails.
Mighty broad brush on that stroking. NV does not even give otc deer tags to residents.

AK is an incredible state to hunt with otc nonresident tags on a huge variety of critters. What you save on leases and trespass fees goes to pilots, boat drivers, or planes, boats, and buggies.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.