Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by Calvin
One of the biggest inheritances you can give to your children is to not have a financial mess they need to sort out when you pass. Have your funeral plans made, finances in order, and let your passing be a positive experience not one filled with stress and dread.
I concur. Wholeheartedly. I have a beneficiary deed on my house, which I own outright, and it will automatically transfer to my adult children on my death. And they receive the house on a stepped-up basis ~ no capital gains taxes at all. None. And the probate court has no say-so at all. None. I’ve taken it completely out of the hands of the probate court. Phuuk the probate court. I have beneficiary deeds on all of my vehicles, which I own outright, and they will automatically transfer to my adult children on my death. And the probate court has no say-so at all. None. I’ve taken it completely out of the hands of the probate court. Phuuk the probate court. And I have ‘transfer on death’ set up for ALL of my financial assets ~ bank accounts and retirement accounts. And the probate court has no say-so at all. None. I’ve taken it completely out of the hands of the probate court. Phuuk the probate court. And my kids don’t have to pay taxes on ANY of it.

NONE of the things above are part of my ‘probate estate.’ The only thing in my probate estate is the schit that’s inside of my house (clothes, shoes, furniture, etc.). And that’s the ‘only’ schit that I mentioned in my will. Stuff that’s not part of your probate estate doesn’t need to be mentioned in your will, since the phuukin’ probate court has NO say-so about ANY of it; they don’t need to know about it.

And I did all of this myself. I did the research and set all of it up myself. No need for me to pay money to a ‘financial planner’ or an ‘estate attorney.’ Death shouldn’t be such a complicated mess in our country like it is, but the thievin’ bastards have things in place so they can continue to fleece a person’s estate even after they’re dead.

But there are ways to keep if from the organized criminals that our local, state, and federal governments are comprised of.
Interesting. I'd like to know more about the process. I'll look into this. You care to steer us in the right direction?