Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by cfran
No, Medicaid wouldn’t likely pick up the cost of a place that you would choose, trust me it won’t. But you’d get into some care facility, but it wouldn’t be your first choice.

The facts are that an RM is an expensive bet to make given fees, costs and your inability to predict your death. I would bet on increased financial flexibility down the road with less variability.

are you planning on going into a nursing home or on hospice? my dad was bedridden for 15 years, I saw the decline, saw what it did to everybody around him, saw him deteriorate to where he could only communicate by typing on the computer.

the day I saw him before he died he was trying to "talk" to me, but it came out aaaaaaaaaa that's it. now the reason for this sad tale is...I will not go into a nursing home...I will not go through hospice, everyone is well aware I am going out on my terms.

my wife will have other options than that.....and let me tell you all he ever talked about was what he wished he would have done....bob

I hope not but one never knows or can predict what kind of care you might need. Sorry, but that’s reality.

After following all of the responses and your feedback I am of the opinion that you want to spend more money than you can without doing an RM. I’m pretty sure you know the risks and associated costs, so I guess you should go for it. Like others and myself have clearly stated, it’s a risky and expensive bet you are willing to make, just make sure you fully understand all the fine print. It’s not the path many would take but you seem to be trying to talk yourself into it.