Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
Originally Posted by COLORADO_LUCKYDOG
Originally Posted by Bob_mt
cfran ..... in short....been to africa 1 time...going again in 25 . not cheap trips at all, think elephant etc. looking at spain , argentina.

those kind of trips are exspensive.....I am retired. so after those trips that's it.....an rm would expand my travel that's it.

or I can die with a paid off house .....cant take it with you....everyone's opinions on this are appreciated......bob

You don't have any children or grand children to leave it to?

...this is the time for my wife and me.....let them work hard, didn't kill me.....bob

A bit of an aside here. I was at my wife's parent' house about a year ago. Her mother said "I want to talk to you about something and have a question." She said a few more things and then asked if I'd rather them leave us money or would I rather they spend the money on vacations that would sometimes include us. Without hesitation I told them to burn through it however they want to. I had roughly the same conversation with my mother over a decade ago.

You are 100% correct. This is the time for you and your wife.

you said the right thing....the idea that you have to leave something is wrong.....bob