Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by jimmyp
Originally Posted by AKCHOPPER
I don't. I was raised Catholic because of my Mom, at around age 14 we could make our own decision. Both of my sisters did the same thing. My Father a retired Earth scientist has always been an atheist. My first day in catechism, which I believe was in fourth grade. The teacher started telling the story of Noah's Ark. Even at that age I thought this is a bunch of bullshit! smile My Father never ever influenced me and I didn't know about his beliefs until 16-17 years old. My folks are both 88 and are Highschool sweethearts and have been married 69 years. My Father has always supported her on everything.

I doesn't bother me that People practice religion. It's just extremely upsetting of the devious side of it. Alway's wondered how many members feel the same.

But what if your wrong?

And what if you're wrong, and the correct answer is Mormons?

Well, you again make me smile!

Seems to me that over time and dialogue, you and I pretty well know one another’s stated beliefs….

But anyway,

The key question here…for you…as I have asked before….”What will happen to you after you die ….. if I am right and you are wrong?”

I don’t want that for you…..

If you are right I'd rather stand before him honest in my disbelief than lying sycophant.

Well, you chose not to answer the question…..

You asked me one time what would be my fate after death if there was no God….. as I recall, I offered to answer that question (which I did) if you answered my question….. what would be your fate if I was right and YOU were wrong.

You are again avoiding the question.

Also, you will not stand before Him and with any defense. You will claim of “honest disbelief” will be demolished and you will stand guilty of rebellion and rejection.

There…..I answered it for you.

There is no such thing as “honest disbelief.” That phrase is only a convenient lie to cover outright rejection of God.

On that happy, note….. I am off with circle hooks and roe sacks……

TF,

Pascals wager is a weak argument. It's nothing more than a threat cloaked as reason, just as Christian "concerns" for non-believers is more threats cloaked as altruism.

I really like how you added this little tidbit calling all non-believers liars:

There is no such thing as “honest disbelief.” That phrase is only a convenient lie to cover outright rejection of God.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell