Originally Posted by Dons99
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Dons99
This is all you need to know about faith and proof of the existence of God.

Romans 1
16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, just as it is written, “The righteous shall live by faith.”

18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened."

So the faith we must have is not faith that God exists, He said thats a given by proof of creation and if you still don't believe then you are willfully ignorant and suppressing the truth. So the faith we must have is to believe and accept the birth, life, death, burial, and resurrection of His son Jesus the Christ.

Don,

Read that passage very carefully, then contemplate what you choice of those verses says about YOU.
Not sure what you mean but the thread subject at that time was do you have faith to believe in God's existence and my point was God says no faith needed if you're honest with yourself.

Read it again, but this time substitute God with Allah, or Vishnu, then maybe you can understand how it sounds to non-Christians.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell