Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Like a bunch of boomers sitting around waiting for their checks...
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Bunch of free grazing right there on the right of way?

Folks down the road a bit take advantage of it here too. Unlike your schoolbus driver, I've given up on contacting them, bu phone or by stopping up at the house. They moved in a couple of years back and there doesn't seem to be any slowing down their sheep, goats, or cattle from getting in the road.

My neighbor down the road has goats, pigs, ducks, geese, chickens and turkeys that used to be in the road all the time. Seems to keep them contained better now after somebody ran over a bunch of his fowl one day and then all of his goats mysteriously diappeared never to be seen again.

My old hired man totalled his pickup one night on a black cow owned by people that always had cows on the road.

Somehow....he got a tow home and it was never called in.

The next day the owners of the cow were interrogating the whole town to find who killed their cow.

They were gonna make the person pay.

They never did find out who it was....and they got enough pressure that they had to fix their fence.
It was just a matter of time before somebody ran over some of my neighbors stock. There's a dip in the road in front of his place that prevented seeing the critters in the road until you were right on top of them and people unfamiliar with the situation didn't have much reaction time to avoid it.