Thanks guys. Appreciated as always. Sorry your thread got invaded by some of the more.... uncouth elements of the fire, Glacier George, and I appreciate the kind words. As you'll see as you are here longer, the insults and so on are standard operating procedure for a bunch of those guys. I don't take them seriously, nor does most of the Campfire.

Brad, I agree pretty much. Like I said, this isn't a hill I'm willing to die on! :-) I draw on my own limited experience in these matters and I think it's pretty non-typical of how much of the rest of the world hunts deer. Personally, knowing what *I* know about how the deer that *I* act, where *I* hunt them, I do obsess over details like that in the much the same way a bowhunter might, if'n he were the obsessing type that is <g>. Basically in a world where tape comes in many colors, when I'm at Tape Mart buying my supply of muzzle tape, I will choose something different than blue. Me. I. Myself.

I can't say for a fact but I'm guessing if I were hunting in more normal circumstances I wouldn't give much thought to it. Or even what I was wearing, within reason. But I'm not, I'm hunting a 15% success rate buck tag, of which I only get one, and where the deer killin' often happens at very intimate ranges... and yeah, if they see blue the way we see blaze orange I'd hate to have to give up my exact position to them by slowly raising a "bright" dot like that. Again because they are one short step away from me losing my shooting lane and once they know where you are, they are DAMN good at making an exit in a way that doesn't give you a shot...

What I wonder is how many guys will choose blue tape for their muzzle after reading this thread. Not many I guess.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!