Originally Posted by Beargrease
Since this is a six page thread about taping muzzles I might as well throw in my two cents. I don't use tape but buy the right size balloon to fit over the muzzle. I just carry some extras in my pack. I think both work fine, but the balloon might give a more waterproof seal. I have also noticed zero change in impact when shooting through the balloon. By the way, I use black balloons. grin

I tried the tape ... standard sized black electrical tape ... it worked ok, but I think it was too narrow a roll, as it barely covered the muzzle, and I had to use a few extra strips over/around the bbl to hold it in place ... looked like a damn elec. tape cast when I was done.

So, I started using either those little 'finger condoms' or a finger cut off of a standard latex glove ... just pull one of those over the muzzle, wrap a piece of elec. tape around it to hold it on well, and that's it ...

another nice thing about the 'balloon' method is that no tape adhesive residue ends up on the crown where it's a pita to clean it off ... not a big deal, but it works for me ... (grin)

as far as the color selection, I'll let you ladies continue to hash that one out ...

-WGM-