Here's the thing that many of the "critics" aren't getting.

I make no claims to being an expert hunter in general. I'm pretty good at hunting blacktail deer, how and where I hunt them. I AM EXPERIENCED AT THAT!! And I AM speaking from my experience.

This is my post that "in theory" started all this. Read this, and then realize just how ridiculous some of you have behaved:

----------------------
"handwerk, don't deer see blue very well? Seems I read that once in a story about why they DON'T see blaze orange well.

If so, I wouldn't want a blue dot on the end of my barrel- at least where I hunt, which tends to be be close-up.

I had one day a few years ago that I should have put tape on my muzzle... sloppy slushy snow all day, then it got cold and about froze my rifle solid. I guess enough water got into the rest of the rifle that it might not have even helped, really...

-jeff"
-----------------------------

For the comprehension-challenged among you, I was speaking directly to my experience; HOW I hunt, and WHERE I hunt. I was as clear as can be about that. And I stand 100% behind the fact that in my experience, hunting blacktail deer in my spots, I sure don't want what is perhaps the MOST VISIBLE COLOR THERE IS to a deer, on a part of my equipment that has to move, what, 4 feet (from a muzzle down position to a shouldered position), in order to get the shot. Maybe it wouldn't matter- but I think it might and you know what?

Tape comes in different colors. And it all costs the same.

I think that the situations that many of you hunt, you could paint yourselves red white and blue with streamers coming out your ears and bells around your ankles and it wouldn't matter one bit. If you are killing deer from a stand 300 yards away, then obviously a bit of tape on your muzzle is meaningless. But that is YOUR reality, not mine. I am speaking directly to the experience I HAVE, in killing WAY more blacktail deer than the statistics say I ever should have, in the time I've been hunting them. I am doing a whole lot of things right in the woods. I am a damn good blacktail hunter and if it's because I sweat the details then so be it.

But you guys who blew this thread up know that. You blew this one up for the reasons you blow any thread up- to call names, act superior, and generally bring the whole place down. Really, you should be ashamed of your behavior, but I won't hold my breath.

I am laughing at the "wankers" (you know who you are) because you actually think you WON this fiasco when in reality, you just educated a bunch more people about the quality of your character, while I made yet more friends when they PM'd me to also laugh at you.

Keep it up guys, keep it up.

-jeff

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!