Originally Posted by g5m
And do you all tape your muzzle with a single thickness of tape across the muzzle and then a wrap around the barrel covering the ends of the first piece, or some other technique?

I've always considered that method, with the electrical tape I use, is somewhat akin to plugging the barrel. Even if it doesn't cause a blow up like ice in the barrel might, I figure it might change things enough to change downrange ballistics.

My method is to use a small square, folded over on one side, and cover just the muzzle. The folded edge give me something to grab to remove it with if desired.

The only problem I have is the electricians tape doesn't adhere well to cold metal. I've been toying with using a different type of tape or wrapping tape around the barrel at the muzzle and using a second piece to cover the muzzle with enough overlap to adhere to the tape I wrapped around the barrel.

I use black tape but red, blue, green, I wouldn't care. Its just that I already have black.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.