Hi Matt,

Fair enough. I quoted my original post because that's what originally got me "jumped" and I would hope we can all agree, after this stupid crapstorm, that what I posted hardly rated the reaction it got.

Here's the truth, plain and simple. There are about a half-dozen guys on the Campfire who are bullies. Most of them are on this thread and it's obvious who they are. They run in a pack. They may be experienced bullies, but they are bullies, and love nothing more than to dogpile people. It gives them a lot of pleasure. Most of them showed up on this thread with their profanities and homosexual innuendos and so on. It's just gross.

To be clear, Matt, I don't count you in that crowd and I appreciate your comments, below. I don't deny there's some truth there. I've said a whole lot of true things, too.

-jeff

Originally Posted by triggerguard1
Jeff, the reason that you've simply rubbed people the wrong way, is due to your interjections into conversations about subjects that you truly don't know anything about by your own admittance........When given some real world facts, you discard those to trump your own theories that are unproven.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and that's what makes this forum and many more like it so appealing.......different opinions and experiences to come to either similiar or dissimiliar conclusions, but most are based around something someone has tried, not merely a theory.

It's kinda like logging onto Newegg.com and wanting to buy a monitor.......The last thing I want is to be seeing review after a review of a product from someone who has never used the one I'm wanting to purchase, and says so in their review. This same person carries on about another monitor and how it is superior, yet has never even so much as turned on the one I'm wanting to purchase.........are ya starting to see what I'm talking about???

I've yet to kill anything with a Barnes X bullet, but intend to this spring for bear. I've been a diehard Partition fan for 20 years plus and have never had a failure.....With that said, I've done a lot of listening and watching of folks who have used the "X" with success and have seen its virtues in smaller weight bullets, prove to me that it's worth giving a try. I never once put the badmouth on it, simply because I'd never seen it used, or used one myself.
How did I come to this conclusion to switch from a proven performer in the partition to an "X" this season??? Simple; I simply listened, learned, and watched picture after picture of guys who use them on a steady diet to take game that ranged from whitetails to brown bear, in calibers smaller, lighter, and pushing less bullet weight than I've been using.
With what I've seen, it's hardly a gamble and an opportunity to try something new that someone else had to learn, just as I'm doing now.

You can get defensive and upset about how this thread has turned, but you could also step back for a minute and perhaps realize why it did...........It's an easy process that one does not need to have even that good of reading "comphrension" to understand, mixed with some humility.

Just so you're not feeling like your point is falling on deaf ears; I've hunted the majority of my adult life in the same type of vegetation that you hunt now.......Yeah...It's dense and wet, but not nearly as critical as you would make it out to be......BTDT.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!