Must have been back in ought-five.

Still hunting into the wind led to snoozing into the wind on a sunny hill side with my 336.

A bit of crunching on the trail behind me stirred me. Slowly I turned my head and there he was...My partner Larry.

I got up off the ground and walked over to the trail for a BS session, BSing into the wind, of course.

It was day 2 or three and none of the four of us had pulled the trigger. It was darn warm and no snow and the deer didnt seem to be moving much, at least not close enough to wake me.

Then in the draw beside us there came a crashing through the down fall(gramp says deer never even walk down there). A doe on the run.

I whistled and she stopped to look at us. Bang, kick, jump. She was hit good and we heard her crash then stop.

"Larry, I shot a deer"

"Whats that noise?!"

"Its the buck!! Whistle whistle whistle..."

The Buck stopped to my whistle and before Larry even saw it the little marlin barked again. I was still whistling when I pulled the trigger. So was Larry. Kick, jump, crash, over the hill and down he went.

"Larry, I shot a Buck"

Both deer took two or three bounds before crashing, which put them both within feet of the logging trail on the other side of the hill.

That story is known in camp as "BSing into the wind". Larry and I often take time to hunt together and some of my best hunting memorys will always be of deer shot by him or me when we hunt side by side.

"We're all going to have so much [bleep] fun we'll need plastic surgery to remove our god damn smiles." - Clark Griswold

Remembering The 99
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1163424