I hunted the Missouri thickets for many years armed with my Marlin 1894 44mag. I lost track of how many deer I harvested with it. Someone stole it from behind the seat of my truck so I got an insurance check and bought a 336 30-30 with that check. It's one of the 1970 vintage guns in real good shape. It has been sitting in the gun cabinet for a long time and has been pretty much ignored. However after reading this entire thread I am headed to the gun room to retrieve it. I think I'll sit in my chair and rub some Wonder Lube all over it.

It's kinda funny how everything comes full circle with age in regards to guns of choice. I started out with that old lever gun and have since used much of the latest and greatest shiny and black stuff that'll kill em as far as you can see em. However nothing compares to sitting in the woods with an old blued steel/ walnut lever gun laying across ones lap.

Heck after I get some Wonder lube smeared all over it I'll just go load some thutty thutties. Wonder if mother will notice if I put the old gun under the covers with us tonight!

This thread has been a good read! Thanks for stirring the coals in regards to the 30-30!