This has been a great thread to read!

While I would love to have a model 54 Winchester in 30/30,
I do have 3 of them in lever action..

a Model 94 that my step dad bought at the Alconbury Rod and Gun Club just before we left England in June 1966... killed my first deer with it at Ft Bragg in 1967. Still have it and will pass it on to my son who is now 15.

a Marlin that is stainless and wood, when they originally made a limited run of them.

and also when they were still cheap, a Model 94 Legacy with a 26 inch barrel, was nostalgic for me to pick up one with a long barrel., I actually don't like the 20 inch barrel on the other two.. 24 inch would be more to my liking...

I have had it on my agenda to get an New England single shot in 30/30 for a long time. I actually like to load up 110 grain RN's at about 2700 or so fps, to take out an shoot some varmints with it.

Last time in Montana shooting prairie dogs with my buddy out of Billings, I took the 30/30 and a 100 rounds of the 110 gr Handloads.. problem was, I got to shoot about 10 shots with it..

my buddy and his son were fighting over it to shoot the remaining 90 rounds at prairie dogs...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez