JetJockey.....Now it seems as though I ruffled your feathers just a bit by the sound of your post. Now here this: YES, breeding is everything in a particular breed of dog. I do know a little something about breeding and dogs understand.

Now your going to tell me all about NSTRA trails held in those 80 acre fields. My dogs just get warmed in in 80 acre's! I will run my dogs against anybody's NSTRA dogs, that hunt penned raised quail.

Most of those type dogs are just to damn slow and won't run big enough savvy! You really expect to compare a "National Field Trial" event to a NSTRA Trial, please do give me a break sir. This is why the judges ride horseback to follow those slow moving GSP's across the countryside.

Let's see now, I saw the national nstra championship on TV, there must have been at least 20 people there and a total of 8
dogs competing in that so called event on the Outdoor Channel.

CRAP Hey! Well sir,you put your money up and I'll let you run against one of my GSP's, I'll give you odds your Britt won't be able to keep up for a fact. You are comparing a pony to a Thoroughbred race horse that simple.

To compare a Britt that can field trial to a GSP field trialer is like comparing your Granddads buick to an Indy Car.

The National Field Trials, held down in Eureka Springs Arkansas has 70 to 90 top Field Champion GSP's competting in the "All Age" class aloan, with 35 top pro-trainers trying to win that title......One heck of a big difference in competition compared to the running of the NSTRA Event.

Britts are soft and like I said, won't cover the ground as fast as a GSP with performance breeding running through it's veins. I still think their noses are better too across the board. There are always exceptions,to every rule but breed for breed the GSP comes out on top in my book.

You take those nstra Britt dogs out to CPR grass in Kansas or a 1000 acre field in Texas on blue quail and let me see if they can find there way back, or run down a few of those pheasant up in South Dakota in the sand hills. Britts are no comparison to a "Slick" bred GSP dog in the field.

You don't need to tell me about breeding, I started learning those facts around the late 50's give or take a month. Now on hunting Chuckar out West, the GSP gets the nod. We had Britts for 17 years and changed over to a dog breed, that could cover over twice the ground and was raw bone tuff. I haven't seen a Britt yet that is as tuff a dog, as any of those GSP's I have in the backyard.

Last edited by Tonk; 04/14/09.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN