Double.... Don't even try to convince Tonk that Brits are just as good as GSP's. Its worthless. Ive seen many Brits hand GSP's there @sses at several all breed field AA field trials. Not to mention what you said about Brits and their field trail wins against all breeds.... You, like me, seem to realize that its more about breeding and training then dog breed. IVe seen some amazing GSP's as well. IMO GSP's are a little more versatile then a Brit, but for upland game they are pretty much even IMO.

DFC.. English pointers are some of the best dogs you can get. If a person wanted a big running dog, then you simple can't beat a EP. They are pretty much the only dogs that win at the National Field Trail Championship. Its a 3 hour trail with the best AA dogs in the world. That doesn't mean EP's will outhunt Brits or GSP's in the field with wild birds, but EP's are known to cover lots of ground. However, I just don't like them, IMO they are ugley. And the ones Ive seen are very high strung. I like dogs who can be house dogs, wild bird dogs, and possibly field trial dogs if they show well enough. The EP's ive seen were just a little to crazy, but then again, I'm sure there are plenty of very calm EP's as well... You simply can't beat their tails though. Its a beautiful sight watching a well trained EP on point.

Last edited by jetjockey; 04/27/09.