Tonk... What your misssing is the fact that Brits are some of (if not the most) decorated Field Trail breeds there is. I just used the NSTRA example because its an all breed field trail and it has been DOMINATED by a Brit. As Double pointed out Brits Dominated the AKC All Breed Gun Dog Championship last year as well.

There are many good GSP's that run in NSTRA, but it has been dominated by a Brit. WHY?

You also don't seem to realize that many of the Brits that I hunt over and own are All Age Brits, not just NSTRA brits. The 500 acre fields you seem to think are big are not big where I come from (remember my post about the Palouse Hills in WA state?) Why would I want to bring a brit to a GSP field trail? You act like I don't know what an AA dog is, well I do. Quite well actually. And I don't care how "GOOD" your breeding is. My dogs are very well breed as well. I have many HOF Brits in my breeding. But I also realize the best breeding in the world can produce the occasional dude, but occasionally some of the best dogs come out of nowhere.

You said GSP's are better hunting dogs then Brits. If your GSP's are so good, how come they aren't dominating the Field Trial National Championships (which is dominated by EP's and a very few ES's)? And why isn't the all time NSTRA winner a GSP? NSTRA tends to be dominated by pointers/setters. Which should tell you that the advantage still goes to big running fast dogs. Why do you only use the GSPCA championship wich is only for GSP's as your arguement?

You obviously think GSP's are the best hunting dogs in the world. I cant change that. But you don't know that it more about breeding then breed. But you can't seem to tell me why GSP's haven't dominated NSTRA or the real Field Trial National Championship. You can only explain why they dominate the GSPCA Championship. I don't try and tell you why GSP's don't win at the ABC Championship in Booneville AR.....

Everyone seems to understand it has more to do with breeding and training then what breed of dog you have.... Well, except you! I could give you all the cold hard proof there is that GSP's aren't any better then Brits (they aren't any worse either) but you wouldn't understand.

Bring your dogs down to Booneville AR this year and we will see how they do against the best Brits in the country. Oh wait, they don't let GSP's in a Brit event. OK.. Then bring your GSP's to the Field Trail National Champoinship, any NSTRA event, or any other Field Trail held for all breeds. Then you can tell me that your GSP's are better then all the other pointing breeds. Brits, GSP's, ES's, and EP's are all very, very good hunting dogs. None are better then the other. EP's and ES's tend to run really big while Brits and GSP's tend to be closer ranging dogs. Simple as that.

Last edited by jetjockey; 04/28/09.