dfcjr...What jetjockey doesn't seem to remember, is that TONK has had Britts for 17 years as a young man and does know a little something about that breed.

Several years back, we had a couple of cases where things were not to our liking with other dogs at hunting preserves. So we oppted to get our own dogs. Now after doing research work and putting down on paper what we already knew of other breeds, we chose the German Shorthair Pointer line of dogs in the USA.

Now after searching and waiting for some top notch bred pups out of a national field trial champion litter, we started with our first two GSP'S. As time went on, we added here and there to the tune of 18 GSP dogs.

Great Breeding and excellent proper training are what pays dividends in the long run for the hunter, who really has a passion for hunting Upland. I don't believe in pushing a dog, especially a young dog to quick.

Time and time again, I have listened to people tell me, how their pup will be hunting under the gun at 6 months of age. Nothing gets my dander up more than hearing that foolish statement being made and the risk factor involved with a pup becoming "gun-shy" from some persons wants to make his dog a great hunter under the gun before the age of 10 months.

We don't even begin to train pups that are 6 months old for much of anything, other than they know their name and come on command most of the time. Now by 8 months we have them returning to the kennel on command and will start to take them on walks around the compound on a leash.

NO Guns until they are 12 months old! Our pups get to play outside for 2 hours every day and are socialized with other dogs and people. They get to partake in dogs chasing and pointing birds passing overhead from the pigeon lofts everyday. They learn what a bird being released from an electric trap is all about to from a distance. We try real hard to keep any negative things from happening to them at this young age.

Thank Our Veterans!
GOD Bless Them All

UNIONS BUILDING AMERICA, SALUTE ALL THE UNION TRADESMAN