Ive got a German Shorthair pointer. Ive had them for years. The reason I like the GSP over longer hair dogs is a couple things. First GSP tend to work closer to you ranging no further than 30-40yards at most with a properly trained dog. Second, I hunted with a guy that had a Britney that had to put his dog up because it got into some cockabur (spelling) patch and came out limping because they were caught in her feet pads and all over her body. My GSP ran threw it with no problems. Plust there really pretty dogs.

The most important thing is spend time with your dog and train him/her correctly and you'll have a great dog no matter what breed you go with.

My dogs named Howard and hes 10 months old. Hes gonna be a BIG dog. He already broke is igloo dog house that was made for full size adult dogs now im gonna have to build him a house. As stated above GSP are a great family addition. There so big, but also very loving and gentle. My dog was holding a point when I bought him last September. He comes from a good pedigree his father was a 2 time AKC champion and his mother was imported from Germany and she was a 2x champion in Germany. Of course he was alot of money though, but hes worth it.

Last edited by marku; 04/16/09.