Thanks, BT927.

I was frankly amazed at your post. Your dismissal of Dr. Roberts' work and reputation tells me two things: first, that you have no idea what Dr. Roberts does or has done in the very real world, and second, based on your snide comments on his work and reputation, that you and I are not likely to see eye to eye on anything, at any time. You see, Dr. Roberts is a real person, as am I, and he and I are colleagues and friends, and we have worked with and continue to work with a lot of other real people who do real things in the real world, much of which can't be specifically talked about on an internet forum. Sorry about that.

I have been advised by wiser heads here on the 'Fire to not try to foist my opinions, and those of my ballistician colleagues, upon this forum. I have ignored them at my peril, it seems, and in this case stepped into a hornet's nest I was unprepared for. I didn't have all my facts and citations ready, and I'm not likely to have unless and until I spend a significant amount of time gathering them, time which I don't have at present.

So for now I must concede that I can't refute your "hammer", as dryflyelk refers to your post.

As such I am humbly withdrawing any assertions I have made about the wonderful 5.7mm round heretofore in this thread or on any other, and you and others who stand to profit monetarily from the success of that round are more than welcome to do so as far as I'm concerned. It won't harm me or mine a whit.

Last edited by DocRocket; 11/17/11.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars