^^ I assume you're demonstrating standard handgun calibers (9mm, .45ACP) do not penetrate the CRISAT armor as evident in the videos. There is a fair amount of blunt force trauma.

DocRocket, if you are who you seem to be (by linking these posts over here to those over at m4carbine), you and Doctor Roberts certainly don't sound like friends and or Colleagues for that matter, unless on the assertion that you both belong to the same gun forum, and have exchanged PMs with each other.

Regardless of that fact, what intrigues me about this entire debate is, all you find against the 5.7x28mm caliber use refers to the P90, and snippets of articles written xx years ago. Yet Doc Roberts, will certainly post gel tests of common calibers and other testings on the internet. Why doesn't he post testings of the 5.7x28mm failures? Even if some of the testing were classified, a man of such stature, could easily do open testing on this caliber as he has done so on other calibers.

People who I know that carry the FSN, certaily don't carry ball (ss190) ammunition. It is what it is, ball ammunition. Designed for penetration, and mimimal deformation.

I found one youtube collection of calibrated gel tests with the 5.7x28mm when used in both an AR57, and a FiveSeveN Pistol. His tests include SS190. He seems to have no issues reaching minimum penetration depths from the handgun. Remember penetration is above expansion, and shot placement above those two.

Last edited by whitepaper; 12/13/11.