Originally Posted by jwp475
Also note that I have read Fackler and he stated that 12" is by no means a maximum and is in fact a minimum. There are certainly times when more penetration is advisable especially shooting through barriers in order to take out hostiles

It is clear that you have an agenda to promote the .7 but IMHO a 22 ain't where it's at when my life is on the line.

I have MacPherson's book

[Linked Image]

I also have this one

[Linked Image]

Penetration is by far the most important atribute of a sefensive cartridge IMHO and in my experience in the game fields

The 5.7 is an interesting concept, but certainly not my cup of tea for a defensive handgun

Did I state 12" was maximum anywhere? If so that was by mistake, as we both are clearly referecing the fact that 12" is min and of adequate penetration depths. As you reference, penetration comes above expansion. Not the other way around.

I never said this was the latest and greatest, but people seem to discount its a viable self defense rounds, merely based on information we never get to see. We all know rifles are prefered over handguns, and handguns time and time again (in all major calibers) have shown failures.

Last edited by whitepaper; 12/18/11.