Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
To be honest Jayco, been battling them myself lately. Never had hives before in my life, till a few months ago. Tried to figure out what it was, have had no luck so far. They just show up, no change in diet or exposure to allergens I'm aware of. I do have allergies, grass, trees, dust, etc, but they've only presented before as runny nose, eyes, sneezing.

Benadryl has taken care of them short term, but it really knocks me through a loop. I just had my wisdom teeth pulled a couple days ago, and am hoping they were a result of some bad teeth, but who knows? Time will tell.

A few years ago I bought a new washer and dryer, they had a special on great big buckets of biodegradable detergent that you only use a tiny scoop of so it was a two or three year supply. It was almost a year before I started having itchy legs, the hives were so bad I was scratching them to where they'd bleed. I couldn't sleep it was so bad. Gold Bond powwder helped a lot, but I finally figured out it was the laundry detergent. If I cut back the amount used and increase the extra rinse cycles it helped, but now I'm very careful about what type I use and switching to another. I watch to go light on detergent on the sheets too, that helps.

Motel sheets make me bleed it's so bad with industrial strength detergents.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.