logcutter... BTW, my rant (above) against quack therapies for your problem was in no way directed at you or any other 24HCF member in particular, and I am concerned about your problem to some degree.

Urticaria that doesn't respond to basic therapy may be simply a bad allergy, in which case an allergist can help you a LOT; but it may also be a symptom of a more serious illness. I don't say this to alarm you, but many of the serious rheumatic diseases like Lupus, Sjogren's syndrome, and others can manifest with urticaria. Likewise, there are many hormonal disorders that may manifest with skin problems, including urticaria. And some cancers may manifest with bizarre skin disorders, as well. In other words, this isn't something you can afford to blow off with home remedies.

Bottom line, this could be a sign of something more serious and you should get it looked into pronto.

Three visits to your GP in a week isn't a good sign, to me. You might do well to get to a good general Internal Medicine man for a more thorough evaluation. You'll probably get in to see an internist right away, whereas an allergist might take a few weeks.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.

Doc

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars