You have my sympathy. I had them for more years than I care to think about. The worse ones were the ones under the palms and soles of the feet. I would get them so bad I could not control my body temperature.

Steroids were a dangerous mix for me. They knocked the hives down, but were less effective with each does. I came so close to uncontrolled rage. I wanted to through my 6 year old son out the window and then go outside to stomp him some more...because he went to the bathroom , started playing and forgot to bring a washclothe for his little brother... I still shudder over that one. Bad business.

I do not have hives now and have not had them for many years. I made trips to Drs and Dermatologists and was universally told "We do not know what causes them."

I quit mainstream meat. I lived rurally and raised hogs, rabbits and chickens, with no antibiotic feed. Supplemented the freezer with bear and venison. I do not know if that is what caused them to go away or was it coincidence, I do know they are gone. I wish them never to return.

It is far easier to live with pain than with itching. You will learn to live with the itch, and the palm pain, and the fevers.

I am so sorry for your predicament.