Went to the doc when they first showed up in '12. Medical care in this town is worse than a joke, since I've been here I've always heard if you can survive the trip go to Great Falls. And my experiences personal and through friends and family bear this out. Anyways, the PA I saw just blew me off and said take anti-histamines it's just seasonal allergies. In the last 3 years they've been sporadic. Nothing I can tie them to. Mid-winter, spring, summer, fall, inside, outside, makes no difference. Been through all the things I can think of, soaps, detergents, food. Nothing I have done has made a difference. Up till now they've just been an annoyance, take some benadryl and they go away, sometimes needing 2 doses but I just kinda gave up.

This time however it's different. I've had them non-stop for 4-5 days. From the soles of my feet and palms of my hands (those are the worst) to the top of my head. Literally every inch is a phoucing hive. Been in a benadryl haze since. Took almost 2 full doses for the itching to subside enough to get to sleep friday. Had a little trouble breathing, and my hands and feet have been swelling. Now my arms are getting fluid in them, like in the tricep area and above my elbow. WTF I'm an asthmatic so I'm pretty in tune with my breathing and I'm familiar with anaphylaxis which was my big fear when they first showed up.

Went in to a different PA today and go the same blasé treatment. I explained to him what was going on, and YES I've tried changing detergents, etc. He got a Dr to come in, and at least I got a referral to an allergist. Waiting to see how long that wait will be. I can't keep on this benadryl train, eventually my tolerance will build to the point it just won't work. So I got a script for 3 days worth of prednisone and an epic-pen.

I hate sharing personal schit on the 'net but this place is full of good folks who might have had the same thing, or might be a medical dude who can give me some pointers. So I figured what the hey eh?

MAGA