Wow, didn't realize so many of us were suffering with this. I've also been suffering with it for the last couple years. Had eczema so bad on my hand at one point last year, I had to wear a glove all day while out in the world for several months. Really put a hitch in my gun handling for a while. Hand is way better now. ProTopic (Tacrolimus) did wonders for that, but it's not a complete silver bullet. Have to use it every day.

I just got back from getting my shots at the allergist today, so a little edgy right now until that smoothes out.

3 years ago, you could have shoved ragweed up my nose and it wouldn't have done any more than make me sneeze. Nowadays, I've got a laundry list of stuff I'm allergic to that is a page and a quarter long.

Have tried everything under the sun, OTC and prescription. Some things work a little, but nothing flat stops it. Rattler, thanks for the heads up on the Pepcid, buddy. Haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it a shot and definitely try anything once.

Hydrocortisone cream helps on some areas, like my arms and back. Clobetasol ointment helps on the tops of my feet under where the laces go. Antihistamines also help. I take 2 in the a.m. and 2 immediately after getting home in the evening, or I'm itching like heck if I don't.

I've found that switching laundry detergent to what the new labeling calls "Free" helps. I buy the Kirkland brand in the big plastic jugs at Costco. Their brand. That has helped. Also, stopped buying anything that says "whole wheat" on it. Have been battling with cutting out milk, 'cause I loves me a nice glass of milk with dinner. That's been a constant for decades.

All of the things I've done work "a little bit". My BIL, who recommended the ProTopic for the eczema, claims he finally beat it for good with a 30 day Prednisone treatment. I don't know that I'm ready to try that yet. Don't hear a lot of good stories about it. Have done 5 day treatments a couple times, but the period of calm got shorter the second time. Have another 5 day batch in the medicine cabinet now, but reluctant to pull the trigger.

Allergist doc tells me I need to quit "sleeping with the enemy", meaning get rid of my dog of 13+ years. Not gonna get rid of my dog. Sorry, ain't happening. He's a good buddy and been with me a long time.

HTH.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH