Small Private College, BA Paralegal Studies 1994

"Small Private College", that names a brilliant marketing strategy on their part if ya ask me grin

For my own part I went to SUNY Geneseo, didn't know anything about college, neither did my family, chose it because my cousin had gone there. Got there and found it was 70% female grin

Incredibly, I left there to finish my B.S. at the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (90% male at the time, quite a let-down crazy ). BS Forest Biology/Entomology '79

Worked in the field for a few months, quickly got tired of looking at trees. Skipped out to New Mexico after a failed romance, did day labor for nearly a year. From there went to the Peace Corps, wanted to go to the Phillipines, so did everybody else, ended up in West Africa. Three years in the West African sticks; teacher and vaccination team member. It rocked, we had a military coup and everything.

Came back, got rehired by the forestry school. Left a year later for Texas A&M, thought to get a degree in Agriculture and take it back overseas. Ag research turned out to be excruciatingly boring, but I hate to quit anything so stuck it out through three seasons of field research, plus another 30 hours of free tuition for courses needed to teach all HS sciences, all while living in a shack on a deer lease and living on a paltry graduate teaching assistant stipend (fortunately, I could afford a motorcycle). Egad! The women were awesome. MS Entomology '89.

Wanted to go and teach in inner-city Hell, came to San Antonio to chase Mexican girls. Married one, and found that this place is so durned friendly that the San Antonio version of inner-city Hell is lukewarm at best grin Twenty-five years and counting now.

Biggest regret: I did the Marine Corps Platoon Leaders Program (??) at Quantico two summers in college, was cleared for aviation. Seemed to me back them tho that killing folks was serious business and that I might not always agree with the CinC, so opted for the Peace Corps for my "combat" experience instead. If I had it to do over I coulda done all the above AND put in four years in the military, enlisted would have been fine, long as it was something difficult.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744