Originally Posted by safariman
Originally Posted by tzone
I'd give you a few tips since I'm an expert on these trucks now...but I'll let you figure it out on your own. grin I do think it was pretty bitchin as-is. Or should I say, as-was. laugh

I can't wait to see the progress and all the stuff I can do better on my next one! I'm looking forward to it!

Yea and amen! There were many years of driving that I would have been damned proud to have that truck as my daily driver just like it looked in the first picture.

BUT, knowing you, the re do is going to be pretty fantastic.

Have you thought about dropping a 7.3L TurboDiesel in the power plant compartment? A guy can make a BUNCH of HP and Torque come out of those motors, and still be able to afford feeding it as a daily driver.

I have had F-250's with 390's and 460's and they just cannot pass up a fueling station. My new to me '97 F-250 with the 7.3 Turbo is a wonderful truck for all around use. It is even quick enough from a stop sign or freeway on ramp to be fun to drive. And it is bone stock for now.

Other side of the equation, I wonder what kind of fuel mileage a guy could get with a properly built gasser 302? Hopped up just a little, and allowed to breathe, it might just make all the power that is needed and be reasonable in the truck groceries dept.

I reckon Northern Dave has it figured out without any help, and has likely forgotten more about rebuilds that you, me, or anyone else here is likely to know or learn.

Why not just STFU, sit back, watch, and appreciate without trying to twist something into whatever fantasies of "right" you might have?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.