Originally Posted by UNCCGrad
Dave, is that the Nason paint on there? If so it looks damn good for a budget line paint! Can't wait to see the final result.....outstanding so far.

Yes its nason ful base B/C and select clear 498-00.

I had the panels dry blocked to 400 grit on a urethane surfacing primer and I decided to go for it without sealer. So I sprayed the base with no sealer, rolling the dice a bit...

I soon found that pigment wise I was fine, but there is no film build to this base, absolutely no filling/building properties. So I ended up shooting 3 coats of color to help bridge the 400 grit cross cut sanding scratches, then I also put 3 coats of clear on.

Its going to work out fine and for the sake if consistency I will finish the rest if the truck the same way.

I will use this topcoat package on my next project, but I will use a sealer next time.

I don't want to mislead anybody into thinking they will make this shine with these products right out of the gun, it doesn't quite work that way.

Take the time of a base clear paint job and multiply x 2.5 for the time some poor bastaerd has to wet block and buff it all. Lol!

But, its worth it.

Like I told Nathan yesterday, you can't come this close to full blown awesome and just say "this is good enough".

Its the difference between

"hey kid, nice truck."

And a jaw dropping

"hey kid.... Who's truck is that?"

Kid say, "its mine"

"Haha, yeah... No really, who's truck is that?"

grin

Something clever here.