Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
Back in 79 I was a young single guy and I ordered out a new F-150 4x4 reg cab. It had a 8' box, Ranger pkg step up from Custom it had color coded rubber floor mats ,plaid knit cloth seats, dual battery system , dual tanks, intermittent wipers , ps ,pb, tilt wheel,300 ci 6 cyl, creeper gear 4 spd, with 3.50 gears Dana Limited slip up frt and Traction Lock rear, tint glass and a deluxe factory Ford topper, it was the Jade green metallic color. Damn sharp looking. As I recall it's sheet list was $9734.00 and I bought it outright at $8100. drove it for 11 years and it had 183,000 miles on it when I sold it. Those were the days, that f-150 and I went every where. When you and your son are done remodeling black betty you'll all be as proud of it as I was of mine. Keep the top slick, screw holes in the roof ugh. Magnum Man

You just described the ultimate version of the 73-79 ford pickup.

79 had better steering linkage (78-79).

And the way you ordered it was perfect IMO.

The lighter but torqey 300, so dependable. 3.50 gears, 4 speed, traction devices in both axles... Awesome.

One like that came available near me last week for $1500.... I want it so bad, but I think we have enough of these trucks already, lol.

Something clever here.