70's Fords are the best, though mine have always had an enclosed back ala Bronco. You'd better head over to Whitebear's place and snag that 400 lest I swing down and snatch it to put in my remaining 79 bronco that is sitting in semi retirement at my folks' place in OK.

I don't mind the 335 series engines so much, lots of guys hate them but I've had good luck. My first and best 79 has a 400/C6 and after I scrapped all the smog nonsense and put a Edelbrock 650 and performer intake along with some head work I saw 14mpg pretty regularly. Not an econobox by any stretch but same mileage as my 98 f150 4X4 and looked cooler getting it. My wife has a 79 bronco that was originally sold in California. It is complete with goofy dealer installed stripe kit and more hoses and doodads on the 351 than I've ever seen. Before we drove it into the ground, ie back when it had oil pressure at idle, I saw a legitimate 16mpg more than once on the highway. It was always a dog in the performance dept though.

Someday I'm going to get a nice, hopefully rust free, 70s Ford 4x4 pickup to fool around with. Boats always look cooler at the boat ramp when they're tied to a slick old ford with dual exhaust blowing bubbles in the water.

PS. Not to be that guy Dave, and I know he's got a one spare eye, but please ask the boy to put some glasses on when he's grinding. He'll pick up more chicks in his badass pickup if he doesn't have a glass eye.