Originally Posted by northern_dave
If this truck came to me off the street and I ordered the very same stuff we put into this truck and applied the same amount of hours, it would be real close to $9000

Is it worth it? I don't know. But that's what it would cost. Is a used Harley Davidson road king worth $9000? I don't know, but that's what a lot of them cost too. Depends on what a person likes I guess.

Is somebody else's truck going to need the very same stuff? Maybe, some might need less, some might need more.

What would it cost at someone else's shop? I have no idea.

Some shops might need 20k for what I did.

I'm not trying to get rich or screw anybody over at my shop, just trying to make an honest living.

I don't know if there are many good ole boys willing to sink that kind of coin into their old pickup truck.

I sure like building trucks though. The interior work is minimal compared to most cars.

That and I really like old trucks.

I think a lot of us guys who had these trucks when we were 18 and they needed a lot of work but we didn't have the money but now days we have the resources and money saved up would do it. My first truck when I was 18 was a 73 chevy 1/2 ton with a 4spd and 205 transfer case. I stuffed a 454 in it. Had the 12 bolt rebuilt and what not but the truck itself needed a lot of loving being a broke 18yr old I salvaged parts off other trucks and spray painted in primer gray lol. So I would like to find a truck like my first one and have what you done to your sons truck done.

Last edited by 79S; 04/15/15.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.