The rifles that shoot really well at closerange, surprisingly do well at distance grin

The first two pics below show a target that my bud made from angle. It's good for warming-up, testing rifle/ammo/shooter, etc. The thru-hole on the left is 1/2" in diameter. The 54 actions thread that needle with ease at 50 yards. The splatters, missed shots, were from a lightweight 10/22.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The steel chicken has been a good target for testing rifles/ammo at 100 yards. Seems "big" to some, but when it actually comes to hitting it over, and over, and over... the 54 rifles do it. Truth be told, I have a 10/22 bull that goes 10-for-10 grin

[Linked Image]

That performance at 50 yards and 100 yards, which are just tests and warm-ups, translates well to 200, 300, 400, and 500 yards. I've not seen a Salvage or CZ shoot as well at any distance under similar circumstances.

Past 100-200, we generally shoot rocks, sticks, etc. but occasionally will hang a target. Here's one from 200.

[Linked Image]

I'm not denying the fact that wind kicks everyone's ass with a 22lr, but I've seen enough shots at 400+ to know that a 54 is hard to keep up with.