We often lament the decline of the "Man's man" and the rise of the Metrosexual. My trip to Home Depot this weekend gave me reason to pause and consider the trend.

I was there to get a toilet rebuilt kit. Simple enough to change out the old innards in the tank. Takes all of ten minutes. While I'm grabbing the kit, a couple in there late twenties is in the same aisle and discussing their project that somehow involved a paint brush. The dominant female was telling the Metro male she was going back to get paint brush in the paint department. He seemed confused. "You're going to buy a paint brush?" "Yes, I need a paint brush." Simple enough, but the dude had that same look and sound of uncertainty as my wife when tell her things like "the crank sensor went out on your car" or "our son's online gaming is eating all of our bandwidth". It is the look of someone who really doesn't grasp the situation well enough to understand it.

Divorce has given America two generations of a bunch males raised by Mom. Very few of these moms were hand around the house and could even change a lightbulb in most cases. Nobody taught the boys the basics of being a useful handyman. I'm sure Mr. Metro would have needed to go online and watch 90 minutes of Youtube videos before he would have had the courage to tackle my toilet project.

That same situation has raised boys without hunting, without fishing, without guns. They have been led by the Matriarchal school system and we have on our hands a bunch of neutered young males that are used to taking orders from women. Some women will like that just fine, but none will ever really respect the neutered male. They have girl friends to gossip and shop with. They can use a man who is handy around the house and projects and image of strength instead of someone who is weak and vulnerable like the women often feel in threatening situations.

Maybe I'm jaded. Anyone else have that observation?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo