Originally Posted by Steelhead
I will say, it's FAR more common in URBAN/CITY environments.

I think that has a lot to do with it....not everything....but a lot....

Just yesterday I bought a couple of cords of wood from a guy I found in the local paper. Turned out to be a young couple (probably late 20's) that both work regular jobs (he's a welder and she works at ATK over in Lewiston) and then head to the mountains every weekend to spend time in the woods and make a little extra money. You could tell by pride he took in the wood and the way his truck was set up so you could see that you were actually getting an honest cord that they truly loved doing what they were doing.
I invited them to set a spell and have a beer after we got the truck unloaded and I gotta tell you, talking to them during that brief period gave me hope for a generation that usually has me shaking my head.
They're still out there but getting harder to find all the time...especially (like Steelie says) in the big cities....a perfect example being a guy about the same age I saw working at the big box store the other day complete with man-bun and wearing a skirt.....a gladiator looking affair....but a skirt none the less... frown