Have seen a big difference that has been made with being involved with Scouting. We get plenty of clueless kids passing thru... Single mothers, or if they have a dad, they are usually self absorbed in their own world, they have no time for their kids.... unemployed and spend their days playing video games, etc... so mom's bring kids to scouts in hope of having some sort of decent male image in their kids lives.

but Bluedreaux is right, that not enough parents spend any time with their kids.. they are products of the 'its all about me' generation....

Where Pat speaks of helping someone learn to change their own oil, I got my son enrolled with classes at the Automotive Program over at the local community college, despite his major focus being paramedic. It gave him more focus, expertise and access to equipment than I could have given him. It was money well spent.

I sure wish I'd have had someone suggest that to me when I was a college aged kid, instead of having to learn the hard way on how to make a vehicle last, and keep it running in good shape.

I've even taken a few classes with him over there. I thought at first the young kids would give me a lot of crap, but it has been the opposite. Lots of guys in their 30s and 40s trying to learn a skill to have in a crap job market here. The younger kids, were saying when I was taking the courses with Jonathan, that they sure wished their grandpa was taking some of these courses with them, like I was with Jonathan... of course they thought I was his grandpa... Since he was born when I was 42.

However I think the pussification of the male society by the liberal left is just another one of their many goals to control society in general... which they seem to be doing a good job of accomplishing.