Good stuff by all. Varmint Guy, I hear you, what ammo you using? I was always a hunter, had 22 Ruger MKII's, and many others, some revolvers, owned many 357, 41, 44 in my day.

The 3" 65 is a nice piece, next to a 66 or 686 4", but it seems if I wanted a gun to reach out, and really do some good, a 5 or 6" might be appreciated, though not a carry gun. 44's are great, but max loads might be a bit much for SD work, given recovery time.

D72 - that piece has gotten my attention before seeing your post....nice set up. 7 shots, 5" a great balance of packing size but sight radius, and the barrel profile cuts weight over a full underlug.

Bob, what loads do you carry for SD in the Super and 41?

Also, likely fewer loads in 41 and 44 for SD in factory form, but what do you guys like in those 3 revolver rounds? Seems for all around work, where one might reach out far, have to penetrate objects en route....seems a mid weight bullet might do better than lighter pills. I know a 125 357 is famous for PD, but the old 145 Silvertip had some benefits. Are SP's that inferior to HPs? Just curious. Not reviewed nor done any test. I know a 210 SP would be great on deer in a 41, but an XTP might be better in other scenarios.

Owned a Springfield Champion years ago, 45, shot good, but dropped like a rock it seemed after 50 yards. I know most SD/PD work would be a fraction of that, but if one reached out further, it seems the 357 Sig, 40/10mm, 41, 357 Mag would have some pros over the 9's and 45s....one does have to pay more for ammo, and in recoil no doubt. I recall reading an article in American Rifleman years ago, said the 357 could be deployed up to 150 yds. I know my old 1894 would destroy water filled 2-liter coke bottles and milk jugs, but at pistol speeds we know you get much less speed. Though I could hit pretty well with a former 6" SS Python I had, most accurate iron sighted centerfire handgun I ever shot shy of the TC Contenders I once owned.

I suppose many of you guys have smaller guns for carry, larger ones where size is less critical, and you like the extra capacity, shootability, and perhaps cartridge choice of a full sized gun.