"Always liked the 210 SP for a go to load if not shooting cast, and later began using XTPs. These newer bullets I am not familiar with, but they seem to promise lighter higher speeds in mono, likely matching penetration with greater expansion as traditional slugs. Would that be fair to say?"

When you have a large caliber rapidly expanding HP it is my feeling one doesn't have to run them at top speed to be effective against two legged targets. Too many of the Magnum bullets like the XTPs need velocity to expand and end up wasting their energy on the far side of the target. And if the velocity is not needed why induce all that recoil that will slow up followup shots if necessary.

The no longer made (I believe) C.O.P.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The Federal is much faster...but recoil is very reasonable...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As to 10mm...don't think a bear hit with a 220 .40 harcast would know the difference between it and a 230 .410 or a 250 grain .429 as they all have a sectional density of .194+- unless there is a substantial difference in velocity...

About the comment on gangs and riots...go look at the videos on YouTube and LiveLeak...one round goes off and everyone is running... The only two multi-subject scenarios I worry about are Mexican drug gangs and Islamic Jihadists...those folks are in to the end...theirs or yours...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....