Great info Bob on the loads, thanks much Sir. When I ran out of Unique years ago, I switched to Universal Clays, never looked back, seemed much cleaner burning, meters great, and could shoot a load within 1-2 grains and match Unique speeds with accuracy. Might try it if you have not, though I know Unique has a LONG History.......and some may have a good bit stored up.

Always liked the 210 SP for a go to load if not shooting cast, and later began using XTPs. These newer bullets I am not familiar with, but they seem to promise lighter higher speeds in mono, likely matching penetration with greater expansion as traditional slugs. Would that be fair to say?

On the Ruger fan above, had a GP-100 years ago, and other Ruger revolvers, they were/are all Hell for Stout, never loosened up, and can take damn near any sensible load with a case full of proper powder ie 296/110, not 231, unique, you know you can't fill brass up with the fast burning powders. The security six has a great fan base, with good reason, and likewise the SP-101 sure was on my radar and would never give me worry if I carried one.

As to capacity, JWP, as we see recent events unfold, it gives one pause to consider, various potential scenarios, and validates good wisdom might be for all law abiding folks to have "Ample" arms.......whether it be short or long gun.

Oh, last comment on that need for deep penetration for 4-legged Meanies.....a 44 is a gold standard, yet MANY MANY G20 and G29s are toted with Double Tap or Buffalo Bore 10mm in say 220 hard cast driven fast, and they seem to be confident owners, and have apparently taken care of business when the chips are down. I would never say a 10 is better than a heavily loaded 44, or 45 Colt, or other similar rounds, but they seem to penetrate well with proper ammo. I would be pretty comfortable with a well loaded G20 OR 629. I might not feel bad with my 41, but not sure how heavy of bullets can be run in factory twist...might want 250-275 or so, which will surely dig deeper than 210-220s. A 220 would probably do well in a top loaded 41, assuming good config and hard cast. Thinking WIDE Meplat...if available.

Bob, on that 44/200 load, I was fortunate to trade a couple of old Leupolds for a 29-2 years ago, by a gent that did not like the recoil. It was mint. I only tried it with 200 HP, not normally my choice but I wanted a mid-range load. I went 4 grains less than max with either 296 or possibly 110. It shot SWEET, accurate, pleasant. Unfortunately I lost interest and sold it, being the 41 fan I am.....those were WELL Made Smith's....