...civilian gunfight reloads...anyone have a DOCUMENTED reload during a gunfight where shots were fired after the reload took place or a situation where the good guy ran out of ammo and died because he could not get his gun reloaded fast enough... I have been looking for decades and can not find any. Have corresponded with many of the top instructors and they have none. Tom Givens has had 62 students in gunfights and not a one reloaded.

65BR...

Current loads in the .38 Super. 100 grain CorBon PowR'Ball interspaced with 90 grain Underwood solid copper Xtreme Defense. Both are running in the low 1500s from the 4.25" barrel. I've also carried the CorBon 115s at 1450 but would gladly carry any 124 that has a MV in excess of 1300 fps.

.41 Magnum...depends on the gun but for two legged vermin prefer the Federal Vital-Shok using the 190 grain Barnes solid copper HP. Barnes, CorBon and several others also make the same round with the same bullet. Low recoil and excellent expansion. In other situations it depends on how much penetration I think I may need. Factory would be a Speer 210 Deep Curl or Remington 210 SP. Handloads would run between 8-10 grains of Unique and a 210 Keith solid or HP...deep penetration with either and mild recoil compared to the factory loads.

.44 Magnum...Speer 200 grain .44 Magnum Gold Dot HP Short Barrel load...1080 from a 4" barrel, has been a long time favorite. That said I would take a close look at those rounds with the using the Barnes 225 all copper HP...

.357 Magnum...any 125 JHP that runs 1400+ fps from a 4"...

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....