Originally Posted by Bugger
At a local CC class, several men had to reshoot to classify. They carried Glocks and had a hard time putting bullets on to a man size target at close range.

My new wife has been out shooting only three times in her life. She took a J Frame to classify -- she shot a perfect score.

People that need more than 5 shots to hit a close target well Hmmmm... What can be said?
I've informally instructed two new shooters within the last year. In both cases, after basic operational instruction for both types, they were first given a medium frame double action revolver (a Ruger Speed Six - told not to touch the hammer), then (after setting up a new target) given a service sized striker fired handgun (in both cases it happened to be a Walther PPQ Compact). In both cases the groups were significantly tighter when the PPQ was used.

Even an excellent, medium frame, double action revolver requires more work to become good than does a modern striker-fired service handgun.

PS In both cases, I first shot a group with both guns (as an example), and the groups were about equally tight.