Well, to answer the original question, I'm not a fan of a full-sized revolver over an auto for SD. That being said, that's what I'd use if that's what I had with me at the time!

I grew up in a house without guns. Read and read and read and talked about them constantly pleading my case, until finally my grandmother took pity on me for my 15th birthday. After that barrier was broken.. well it's been non-stop every since. wink

Influenced heavily by my reading, I grew up as a fan of the revolver. I've owned "several". Had a couple semi autos in mind that I kind of, sort of, liked. Got my first semi auto in my mid 20's. Got a couple more in my 30's. By the early 40's, I was down to one revolver, my 4" 629, and the rest were semi autos.

A few years ago, I bought a 3" Taurus 605 to be a trail gun and had just got it broken in good when my parents decided they needed a gun ASAP. They took that one off my hands.

Last weekend, I finally replaced it. I've been torn between the 3" S&W 60 and a 4" SP101. I wanted light weight, .357 capability, and adjustable sights, but intend to almost exclusively use it with .38 level loads. I went with the SP101. It will serve as a SD gun on the trail, as well as other things.

Still wouldn't mind owning another scandium snubby, (but that isn't "full size") and a single action Ruger .480 (SD for bears?).

Last edited by bhemry; 08/26/16. Reason: added "I went with the SP101"